Emerging Professionals Committee
The EP Committee’s vision is to foster pride and participation in Engineers Nova Scotia for Engineers-in-Training and new Professional Engineers. The committee aims to encourage involvement and engagement, which contributes to the overall success of our province.
The EP Committee achieves this vision by facilitating volunteering opportunities, professional development sessions, and social networking events.
- To promote the active engagement of new members of Engineers Nova Scotia through planning and organizing of social, networking, volunteer and sporting events.
- To familiarize new members of Engineers Nova Scotia with the mission and organizational structure of the licensing and regulatory body. This includes the promotion of and participation in council, committees, constituent associations, zone representatives, awards and events.
- To create excitement and pride around becoming a member of Engineers Nova Scotia through the organizing of the New P.Eng. Event, which recognizes members receiving their Professional Engineer designation.
- To foster a sense of community within the profession for newer members through engagement with peers and mentors.
- To provide access to opportunities and resources in areas of interest to new members to encourage continual education and life-long learning.
Some of the EP Committee’s past events include:
- Annual General Meeting Panel Discussion
- Annual Golf Scramble and Dinner
- Pride Parade participation
- Out of the Cold - Providing lunches to local shelter
- Ronald McDonald House - Home for Dinner Program
- Moosehead hockey games and social hour
- National Engineering Month professional development sessions
- Makers Making Change volunteer event
- Consulting Engineers of Nova Scotia networking event
Look out and register for future events here.
For more information on the committee please reach out to email@example.com.