Mar 17, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023
The Municipality of Colchester is centrally located within Nova Scotia between two coastlines, Colchester is a progressive rural municipality that offers an unparalleled work-life balance. It is a place that is affordable, welcoming, family focused, rich in diverse culture and natural beauty, with thriving businesses and access to all amenities typically found in an urban setting – without the common stresses of living in an urban setting.
The Municipality of Colchester is committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity. Our goal is to continue to move forward as a diverse and inclusive community representative of the citizens we serve by offering equal opportunities free of biases. We have formed an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee to keep us accountable and to help us reach this goal.
About the role: Providing technical and management support for capital projects as well as for operational functions within Public Works. Areas of focus include water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, road networks and active transportation. Also provides technical support for community development activities as well as economic development initiatives.
Salary Range: $100,666 – $116,74 based on a 35-hour work week. Full-time permanent position
- Group Benefits - Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Retirement Plan - Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (Employer matched)
- Professional Development Opportunities & Fitness and Well-being Incentives
Qualities to succeed in the role:
Education & experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized Canadian University or equivalent with at least five years of experience in municipal engineering, construction projects or similar work
- Registered or able to be registered with Engineers Nova Scotia
- Experience with design, construction, and project management for municipal infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of methods of construction, estimating and costing as applied to municipal infrastructure
- Well versed in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with AutoCAD or GIS based applications an asset. Experience with topographic survey an asset.
The Municipality supports the principles of the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act and the principles of inclusion for persons with disabilities in the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act. Applicants are encouraged to contact Human Resources at (902) 843-4193 should assistance be required throughout the application and hiring process.
Please submit a covering letter and resume by April 11, 2023, to the Municipality of Colchester. email@example.com To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.colchester.ca